Popular Posts

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Kapil Dev take a new decision to jump in BCCI



Kapil Dev is certainly a relieved man after being back into the BCCI fold but the legendary all-rounder still has reservations if one terms his comeback as getting "amnesty from BCCI."

"I never understood whether the word amnesty is correct or not. May be I am not very intelligent but I checked the dictionary to find the meaning," said Kapil with a tinge of sarcasm on the sidelines of relaunch function of popular sports magazine 'Sportstar'.

People had associated the word 'rebel' with Indian Cricket League but the 53-year-old said that his stint at the unsanctioned league had been a learning experience for him.

"Whatever people might think, but personally I have learnt a lot. Now I feel more experienced and confident about taking up any responsibility that I am entrusted with," the former India captain said.

He agreed that there were misunderstandings with the BCCI but those have been sorted out now.

"I have always believed that there isn't a single thing that can't be sorted out if two people sit across the table and talk it out. Even Indo-Pak issue could be sorted out if there is proper dialogue.

"I have never disregarded BCCI as it was, and will remain, my parent body. As a sportsman, my aim was to help sportspersons grow. The idea is to see what is good for sport rather than what's good for individuals," Kapil said.

When asked whether he is expecting any specific role from the Board, Kapil was non-committal,"I don't know. It's for them to decide."

Tags: , , , ,

0 Responses to “Kapil Dev take a new decision to jump in BCCI”

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Donec sed odio dui. Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio. Duis mollis

© 2013 24Hrs.news. All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks